just in time for valentines!
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced (makes about 6 roses)
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 sheet of puff pastry (can make or buy frozen)
1. preheat oven to 400F
2. slice and place in 4 cups of apple juice and 2 cups of sugar over stove, med-high heat
until apples are flexible, but not too soft (about 10 mins)
3. cut thin strips of dough (puff pastry)
4. lay apple slices along pastry strip, slightly overlapping each other
5. roll inward from one end to the other, keeping the ends of the apple slices inside the pastry
6. pinch/fold in the end of the pastry to hold the rose together
7. place on baking sheet and bake in oven at 400F keeping a close watch on them until they're golden brown and centres are cooked (i didn't have twine so rolled up some tin foil to tie some of my roses to keep them together! ...improvise ! ha)
...and you did it! so cute, so simple.
i added some powdered sugar later and served it with some vanilla ice cream!